Friday, September 21, 2007

Updates



I have every intention to spend some time updating the blog this weekend. I've been sketching like mad from a batch of photos taken at the festival - now I just need to work them into something. Keeping with the creative themes I'm forcing my life into, I've been voluntolded into helping out at the craft table at a fall festival. I may live to regret this! We will have to see if a) I enjoy it thoroughly or b) By the end of the day I'll be ready to reach down my throat and rip out my ovaries!

I was talking to a friend (KR) last night - as we will be participating in another swap (well 2 of them). She was bemoaning the fact that her last two swaps have yielded only 'junk'. It was obvious by the quality of the work that the participants hadn't put in any real effort and seemed only in the swap for what they could get out of it. It's one of the downsides to the overall upswing in fibre arts and the current popularity of 'swaps'. There will always be people trying to get something for nothing - but it does make me feel a little sad. That being said, I've turned a few of the guild members onto swaps - and we are even doing some challenges at work. Oh, and finally, the photo on the left was from the Festival - you can see little red dots on all but one of them (visitors to the north don't buy flowers!).

No comments: