So I'm updating less than 30 minutes later. But really, it's just to give Mom something to look at.
First piece - a sketch I originally did in which I liked the movement and energy of.Decided to keep working with it. Using paint with a textile medium I put it onto cotton. Then I used a fusible fleece to back it with to give it stability and started to thread paint over it. I've put a canvas back on it and quilted it lightly. The last thing I need to do is figure out how to attach a binding around the edges and a rod for hanging. It was my first official effort and I think I'll put it into the festival. Part of a postcard challenge I participated in on Art2Mail. More playing around with felt and duffle and embroidery threads as well as thread painting with the sewing machine.
More ventures into art quilting. I've painted some of the flowers (well painted with the sewing machine) and blocked out the leaves. I have to decide what to do with the background.
And another... This one is giving me challenge. I like the design - but I used watersoluable crayon heat set to cotton and the thread hates being painted over it. You'll notice the bottom right hand corner is where I've started.